Ming the Mechanic:

The NewsLog of Flemming Funch
 Hypocricisms2003-12-27 17:18
by Flemming Funch

From an e-mail:
Being a drug addict is a moral failing and a crime, unless you're a conservative radio host. Then it's an illness and you need our prayers for your recovery.

The United States should get out of the United Nations, and our highest national priority is enforcing U.N. resolutions against Iraq.

Government should relax regulation of Big Business and Big Money but crack down on individuals who use marijuana to relieve the pain of illness.

The best way to improve military morale is to praise the troops in speeches while slashing veterans' benefits and combat pay.

Group sex and drug use are degenerate sins unless you run for governor of California as a Republican.

A good way to fight terrorism is to belittle our long-time allies, then demand their cooperation and money.

Providing health care to all Iraqis is sound policy. Providing health care to all Americans is socialism.

Saddam was a good guy when Reagan armed him, a bad guy when Bush's daddy made war on him, a good guy when Cheney did business with him and a bad guy when Bush needed a "we can't find Bin Laden" diversion.

A president lying about an extramarital affair is an impeachable offense. A president lying to enlist support for a war in which thousands die is solid defense policy.

Trade with Cuba is wrong because the country is communist, but trade with China and Vietnam is vital to a spirit of international harmony.

[< Back] [Ming the Mechanic]



27 Dec 2003 @ 22:37 by bushman : Nope, lol.
It's because the world has gone wacko, and the lie is much easyer to mentaly deal with. I can see it no other way, we sliped into a parallel universe, where the world has gone nuts.  

28 Dec 2003 @ 07:13 by ming : Cartoons
It makes sense. The world doesn't quite fit together, so instead one chooses to believe in a cartoon world where things are much simpler.  

19 Dec 2014 @ 23:57 by Toshinori @ : WEggDZsraBK
I've never "lost" a seat - unlike the Islington LDs - I was fihitgng a seat that was already Lib Dem.I'm interested to know which of the meetings I listed is "meaningless" in your view.Of the 26 listed:2 are about personal casework for residents8 are other opportunities to meet, report back to and listen to residents2 are decision-making2 of the others are about the way the decision-making process is run (which is my responsibility as whip)1 is about how we teach RE in schools which is pretty important to community cohesion in a multi-cultural borough1 is an outside body that actually asks to have someone from Hackney attend2 are about scrutiny of the cabinet/policy development8 are internal Labour policy development or campaign planning or being held to account by the people who select and campaign for usThe only one I can see that I could justify not bothering with is the Progress Conference, which I'll enjoy, so I intend to go to it.I probably get invited to another 20 meetings/briefings/seminars a month which I do turn down because they don't interface with the public or aren't decision making.  

23 Dec 2014 @ 13:32 by Shelia @ : lDRzOqsgOKwmwCEufmQQ
Hi Guys,Just passed my ICND1 exam woo hoo !!!. I used Trainsignal, CBT, Ciscopress & P4S ver 3 i had 70% from P4S but the other 30% were unwonkns well off to do my ICND2 i must say you have to understand the fundamentals if anyone has any question please let me know.Regards,AR  

21 Apr 2016 @ 01:23 by Idana @ : CjxACuixKDUqPLcYUko
Arecilts like this just make me want to visit your website even more.  

21 Apr 2016 @ 11:17 by Ebony @ : BGgntrkJfrBBNpzhWpS
Wow! Great thnigink! JK  

Other stories in
2011-11-24 00:54: Blind and Automatic Punishment
2011-11-19 22:50: Corruption
2007-03-16 01:50: Logic and the Autobahn
2007-01-22 21:14: The Century of the Self
2006-12-12 21:43: Le Web 3
2006-12-11 00:14: Software and Community in the Early 21st Century
2006-12-04 21:42: Troubadours and the Singable Earth Charter
2006-10-26 18:11: A message from DHS
2006-02-09 21:41: Mohammed cartoons in Egypt
2006-02-09 20:46: Instigators of the Mohammed controversy

[< Back] [Ming the Mechanic] [PermaLink]? 

Link to this article as: http://ming.tv/flemming2.php/__show_article/_a000010-001014.htm
Main Page: ming.tv