|by Flemming Funch|
A list of 100 fine pieces of advice about creativity, by Henriette Weber Andersen. Here are some samples:
3. What doesn’t work in one context - might work in another. Test your options
It is an excellent exercise to come up a list of 100 anything, particularly when it is good stuff like creativity.
7. Look at the past to predict the future. Patterns mostly form themselves and repeat themselves
8. Being the first is more important to creativity than to be the best. when somebody becomes the best - the first are being first in something else
10. Creative action speaks louder than creative words
21. Don’t go where no man has gone before - go where YOU haven’t gone before - if you don’t like it, see it as an experience, if you do - use it to grow further
28. Dress up everyday
31. Make your marks in the sand, claim what is yours before somebody else does
55: picture what will be written on your tombstone - picture you’re a hundred and look back at your life, what do you want to be remembered for?
68: ask the questions you are scared about first
76: become a designer, in your mind and in your ways of acting
79: write “what if?” scenarios
85: Imagine other contexts for things. Macguyver everything
99: picture yourself doing things you never thought you’d do.